TechSpot

Lenovo debuts IdeaCentre Q700 HTPC

By Matthew
Aug 13, 2009
  1. Lenovo has introduced a new HTPC, the IdeaCentre Q700. The system is comfortably nestled between the size and specifications of a nettop and full-blown HTPC. It should fit in perfectly with your other home theater equipment, and its hardware ought to chew through basic HTPC-oriented tasks.

Read the whole story

2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 984   +86

Looks quite impressive, I'm curious how the x4500 chip set handles hdtv video.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +420

Yeah - looks really interesting and might be a decent competitor to the MacMini. Problem is, is that proc fast enough to decode 1080p .264 video? I've become very tempted lately and a bit torn between getting a Popcornhour C-200 or a MacMini and just keep using Plex. Something like this might introduce more confusion for me.

4. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

It does have ethernet right? I simply can't stand using wireless for anything other than web browsing... As long as it does, I'd actually look into it. Then again, I was going to get a MacMini until I realized I could just fold my MacBook shut and use it as one instead.

5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,252   +92

@tengeta: Yes, it does have Ethernet. Not sure how I didn't include that in the original post. I added it now, thanks for pointing that out!

6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 984   +86

Well if the ion platform can almost handle 1080p with an atom processor I would imagine a dual core e5200 would have no problems.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.