Lenovo debuts IdeaCentre Q700 HTPC

By Matthew
Aug 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenovo has introduced a new HTPC, the IdeaCentre Q700. The system is comfortably nestled between the size and specifications of a nettop and full-blown HTPC. It should fit in perfectly with your other home theater equipment, and its hardware ought to chew through basic HTPC-oriented tasks.

Read the whole story
  2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Looks quite impressive, I'm curious how the x4500 chip set handles hdtv video.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,273   +258

Yeah - looks really interesting and might be a decent competitor to the MacMini. Problem is, is that proc fast enough to decode 1080p .264 video? I've become very tempted lately and a bit torn between getting a Popcornhour C-200 or a MacMini and just keep using Plex. Something like this might introduce more confusion for me.
  4. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

It does have ethernet right? I simply can't stand using wireless for anything other than web browsing... As long as it does, I'd actually look into it. Then again, I was going to get a MacMini until I realized I could just fold my MacBook shut and use it as one instead.
  5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,043   +84 Staff Member

@tengeta: Yes, it does have Ethernet. Not sure how I didn't include that in the original post. I added it now, thanks for pointing that out!
  6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Well if the ion platform can almost handle 1080p with an atom processor I would imagine a dual core e5200 would have no problems.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.