TechSpot

Lenovo intros A70z and A58e business-minded PCs

By Matthew
Nov 2, 2009
  1. Lenovo has introduced the business-conscious ThinkCentre A70z all-in-one PC and A58e desktop tower. The A70z features a 19" 1440x900 display (a bit small, I know), your pick of a dual-core Intel Celeron or Core 2 Duo processor, up to 500GB of storage, a DVD burner, six USB ports, two audio speakers, as well as optional Wi-Fi, webcam, and bundled Skype software.

Read the whole story

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,337   +103

I love this type of computers, I recently had a Dell Studio Hybrid, and the space saving, style, low voltage consume and almost 100% silent are just great for general purpose PC. Not playing of course due to the integrated video chipset (Some new games run, but not as well as they were intended).

In the end, as stated in the topic "business-minded PCs" is a win win.

3. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 686   +47

I like the duel monitor/tower aspect, saves space. This PC seems to lack power, but with the fast start-ups and shut downs, this might be good for students or maybe small business who don't need alot of power to back there usage. I can see these types of computers competing with laptops in dorms.

4. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Rookie Posts: 260

Being that the only experience I have with Lenovo is with a T60 Laptop, I can say Lenovo makes reliable, sturdy machines. This new trend of desktop computer's being "all in one" is similar to the IMac's.

They save a lot of space on your desk but if your like me and love to build custom machines this is not the way I will be going. Obviously that is now why these were designed but still. I think the wall mounting feature is cool, saves even more space.

5. speeedy6

speeedy6 TS Rookie Posts: 21

I can't seem to get myself to like these all-in-ones. I don't really know why.

6. buttus

buttus TS Enthusiast Posts: 187

I really like this config for business users. I have been selling IT for over a decade now and I can say that desktop real estate is at a premium. Having a product like this will make desks cleaner, neater, the power savings would be significant and you could set these up almost anywhere. 19inches on the monitor is more then sufficient for most business users and it is the sweet spot in keeping the costs down.

7. zaidpirwani

zaidpirwani TS Rookie Posts: 74

In my office we are still using Thin Clients... this might be the upgrade we need.. :)

8. r3claimer

r3claimer TS Member Posts: 86

I do like the look of these computers, and the space they'd save. However, I'm looking into building my own PC. Does anyone know of a website that sell's all in one PC cases + the LCD?

9. Shalimar

Shalimar TS Rookie Posts: 41

Nice try but realty is the res is too low and sadly AIO comps still are NOT a good idea since if one part dies your whole system is screwed as a rule. Even in a corp situation it's not as likely they'll ahve another complete unit in hand spare to swap in after cloning over the data. Nice but no thanks (And I work in IT for a living for many years.)

10. PUTALE

PUTALE TS Rookie Posts: 178

love the price and the specs are nice. Yep, the downside is definitely that 19'' screen:)

11. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 981   +31

It's what I call "parent PC's". Great for non-techies who don't play games and where the low resolution is a good match for bad eyesight.

12. Razerblade

Razerblade TS Rookie Posts: 117

Looks good but I agree with others that the screen size could be bigger. Also, would be great with a touch screen!

13. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,337   +103

This is a computer like every other computer in a small casing, if a piece goes bad (which you would have to burn, hit or something of the like to) you just open it and replace it.

I had a Dell Studio Hybrid, it was really small and low voltage because it used a mix of PC and notebook components. BE CLEAR, by no means this is new technology and parts are nowhere near the market, you can change from A to Z but you can't add more things because of the cramped space.

14. swilllx2p

swilllx2p TS Rookie Posts: 133

If I wasn't into gaming I would absolutely love to have one of these. I Think it looks very neat and the specs are pretty decent for the price imo. Buisnesses would love these things to with power savings and space savings. I wish my company would get some!

15. MBK

MBK TS Rookie Posts: 43

I'm really keen on this style of PC too, about time we got rid of the massive box/space issues of laptops and desktop PCs. Only issue I have with them is the power limitations, obviously everything needs to be smaller (laptop components at best) and it always takes a while for the powerful technologies to shrink.

Still looks swish and the wall mounting is deff a great idea. If that stand was mounted near the top of the screen, and the screen was touch sensitive, it could almost be layed flat on a desk and operated that way too (my dream btw).

16. jazboy

jazboy TS Rookie Posts: 112

I always have been fan of lenovo pc because of their durability and compatibility. I like most of its features but i feel its lack on some features like high resolution display, good graphics card etc. earlier lenovo used to come very costly and now they are making affordable pc for user like us. I guess they are doing this to compete other pc manufactures. But that is good.

17. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I have a T60 laptop for work, it's very reliable, it has been bashed about a fair bit and is still in good shape. But like this all-in-one, I think it's very very ugly. Or maybe it's because of that time zone wallpaper in the photo which makes it look boring...

And surely 22in and 1680x1050 is the minimum for a desktop display nowadays?

18. LxTrix

LxTrix TS Member Posts: 92

wow all in one computers are taking over. I sure see them taking a huge market share

19. Havent been a big fan of these things, but this looks pretty good

20. fref

fref TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

For me 19" is not a downside, it's what I need. Except that I want a touchscreen, and this does not appear to have that. I'll keep searching...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.