TechSpot

Lenovo intros new ThinkPads, Thunderbolt-equipped Edge S430

By Jos
Jan 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo is kicking off their CES laptop announcements early with the unveiling of several new laptop computers. The round of announcements includes everything from new B Series laptops at theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +49

And I was JUST talking about Lenovo in the HP Spectre teaser article... Guess it's good that I didn't pull the trigger and got that X220 before seeing these new options; Especially the T430u as it seems to be a slightly bigger (but thinner) version of the X220, which I could totally dig. BUT WHY THE CHICLET ISLAND KEYBOARD?~? I love the "standard style" keyboard. Guess I'm just being nit-picky here. Also I'll say this again: with a 14" display, I really hope they have options for resolutions higher than "HD."

3. nazartp

nazartp TS Enthusiast Posts: 205   +10

I also don't like the island-style keyboards. Just doesn't feel right. As a business user I should expect a lot of comfort for my money. (Can I buy an aftermarket keyboard somewhere and swap it?)

I really like Lenovo, but kind of upset that the only really customizable lineup is the ThinkPad. The rest have preset configurations. And business line-up doesn't really have any options for higher resolution screens. At least as of now.

Also think $1,600 price tag for X1 Hybrid is way too high for the starting point.

4. madboyv1

The X1 Hybrid sounds like it is for the road/sky warrior business user where they have the time, and money, to be messing around like that and need the multimedia for those long flights/chauffeured rides. :rolleyes:

I mean I'm sure I could get used to the chiclet keyboard, but it still won't be the same.

5. If they all have useless 1366x768 screens, then no sale.

6. madboyv1

Yeah.... I have my fingers crossed for the T430u.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.