TechSpot

Lenovo is now shipping the IdeaPad Y460

By Matthew
Mar 4, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenovo is now selling its IdeaPad Y460 notebook, and orders placed today will ship within 13 days. Originally introduced at CES in January, the system has a nifty looking geometrical pattern sketched on the exterior. Lenovo offers two base models, the $999 Y460 - 063347U, and the $1,199 Y460 - 063346U.

Read the whole story

2. DryIce

DryIce TS Rookie Posts: 60

Great looking laptop. I'd love to get one of those, but i am wondering how much of the price is from it's looks.

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,066   +84 Staff Member

What's there to wonder? The prices are given in the first paragraph, along with links to the systems ;).

4. supyo

supyo TS Rookie Posts: 42

neat looking machine!

5. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Rookie Posts: 260

I have never had any problems with Lenovo and have been using the Thinkpad T60 for about 4 years now. Seeing this may make me want to upgade..and the core i5 option seems to be calling my name. Just don't know if I want to spend that money yet.

I have to say I love the pattern on the outside, just looks awesome.

6. Zenphic

Zenphic TS Rookie Posts: 43

I've heard Lenovo's Ideapad line isn't exactly on par in terms of quality with their Thinkpad line.

Regardless, these new Ideapad laptops don't look too bad. No doubt they need to be like that to compete against Dell and HP.

7. TechDisciple

TechDisciple TS Rookie Posts: 41

This is one neat looking notebook. Reasonable price range for quality specs.

8. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 902   +52

That really is a funky pattern, the Y460 is pretty reasonably priced.

9. yorro

yorro TS Enthusiast Posts: 245

I love the design, the orange outline adds a nice touch. Glad Lenovo stepped up their game.

10. Yoda8232

Yoda8232 TS Rookie Posts: 145

Loaded laptop there! I would go for the HD 5650 model for sure, that's a really good mobile GPU atm for the price. Great styling (love the orange accents), DDR3 RAM, 14" LED display (great for portability), and the new 1156 Intel platform. <3

I believe Gateway has a similar model called the nv5909 or something that has the HD 5650 with the i3 330M for $799. But is the quality still the same? I have old IBM Thinkpad 770X ($2000 laptop from 1998) and I love it and I'm using right now, moderately slow but reliable and built like REAL TANK. Pentium II wooo woot!

11. Ithryl

Ithryl TS Rookie Posts: 53

The body looks awesome. Too bad there's not as many customization options as there is for Thinkpad.

12. prabuyuvaraj

prabuyuvaraj TS Rookie

Love the patterns and the specs look good too!!!

Should be great among college students!!

13. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

It looks a little girly with the patterns and orange trim and all... not nearly as butch (or as rugged probably) as their Thinkpads.

14. zaidpirwani

zaidpirwani TS Rookie Posts: 74

Can I get it without paying for the Windows Lisc License.... I already have Windows 7 Ultimate edition....

15. fref

fref TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

Ewwww! Apparently from previous comments, I'm the only one who thinks that the pattern on the cover is ugly... I'd look for another laptop if I was looking for a new one.

16. Serag

Serag TS Enthusiast Posts: 179

@ fref, yea you're alone :D, I think it's cool
    decent specs and a reasonable price..nice..

17. Neojt

Neojt TS Enthusiast Posts: 141   +10

It looks nice but i would defenatly get the Y460 - 063346U. for the 200$ more just too bad they didn't put a 7200RPM hdd in there

18. fadownjoo

fadownjoo TS Rookie Posts: 64

Looks nice,,but why so overpriced?

19. oh man, you are all crazy! have any of you seen the mac range of laptops??? no comparison

20. rajmond

rajmond TS Rookie Posts: 45

A powerful & good looking laptop.

21. megrawab

megrawab TS Rookie Posts: 93

But this is more affordable (well not for me:<) than other ranges of laptops on the market. And it is suitable for everyday normal purposes. In our school, we used Lenovo on our desktops. The cpu's that Lenovo provides are small but faster (approx12"x6" size of cpu). I have no experiece yet on lenovo's laptop performances.

22. Ewww, what an ugly laptop!
    Also, I would never consider getting a Lenovo which doesn't have a trackpoint.

23. madbo

madbo TS Rookie

It is remarkable and the time at which the laptop can run on battery power, which in the model with the Core i3 and Intel GMA HD is 4 hours and in the version with two video cards and Core i5 is 3 hours.

24. waterytowers

waterytowers TS Rookie Posts: 85

I will be waiting for USB3 and SATA3 to be included in laptops by default before I buy another laptop. Personally not a fan of the look of this laptop but I wouldn't go as far as saying it is ugly. I think alienware laptops are ugly but this is just not attractive.

25. Asgar312

Asgar312 TS Rookie

looking at this...i m now why did i buy my other Lenovo model.My one is okay but this Ideapad is awesome in every feature...it offers great configuration with stylish design n graffiti...i regret now...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.