Lenovo readies AMD-powered ultrathin, ThinkPad x100e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Lenovo today became the latest in a growing list of laptop vendors slotting an ultrathin product between their low-cost netbook and conventional notebook lines. Pitched as an extension of their popular X-Series, the new ThinkPad X100e is built on AMD's Athlon Neo platform and should retail for under $500.

According to leaked information obtained by NetbookNews, the 3-pound X100e will have an 11.6-inch, 1366 x 768 resolution display along with up to 4GB of RAM and a 320GB hard drive. The unit will be available with a choice of a 3-cell or a 6-cell battery pack, with the latter rated for over 5 hours of use thanks to the system's ultra low voltage MV40 processor (1.6GHz, 15W TDP) and RS780 chipset. Other specs include 3 USB 2.0 ports, VGA out, a 4 in 1 card reader, built in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and optional Bluetooth and UMTS.

Unfortunately, an exact release date isn't yet known, but previous rumors suggest it will launch at CES in January.

Permalink to story.

This looks really good, but the battery life could have been a bit longer. 5 hours is good enought considering the specs and the screen is big enough to actually be able to work on it (i don't like small ones - 10inch is the bare minimum for me).

I don't care about screen size, but I do care about resolution. 1024x600 is too low.

This sounds pretty good. Trackpoint and decent graphics are the highlights for me. When comparing to my Fujitsu P1510D, the only down sides are that weight/size (the Lenovo is bigger and weighs more) and no tablet mode, but I'd still consider it an upgrade, something I can't say for standard Atom based netbooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back