TechSpot

Lenovo ThinkPad tablet to launch August 23 under $500

By Shawn Knight
Aug 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo’s upcoming ThinkPad tablet is scheduled for release on August 23 at a starting price of $479.99. The business-oriented device will ship with Android’s Honeycomb 3.1 operating system and a…

Read the whole story
  2. Unfortunately, Lenovo is currently having serious troubles with the lower end IPS screens they place into their newer products. LINK: forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Faint-Ghosting-on-X220-IPS-screen/td-p/435201

Since nothing at all has been done to repair/fix the previous faulty x220(t) displays, there is a very good chance that these displays will be faulty as well.

It's unfortunate, but it really seems that Lenovo no longer cares about the quality of their products or customer satisfaction.
  3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Can it upgrade to Windows 8? Looks pretty nice and has all the jacks I need as an IT guy.
  4. do u know a video or have any pics where i could look any a all the accesssories ... thanks for your time this will help in a possibly future buy
  5. erm....I.T guy.... You can't upgrade Honeycomb to Windows :)
    Lenovo are already shipping a tablet like this with Windows7 I belive. If not, try the HP Slate.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.