TechSpot

Lenovo's Thinkpad Edge: Looking for Advice

By Route44
Oct 19, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I am presently researching to purchase a laptop for my wife at Christmas who is a teacher thus she will need to access the internet, do Office work, grading, emails, research, etc., but no gaming at all.

Will be running 7 64 OS, with 4 gigs of RAM, and hopefully a 7200 rpm hd. Leaning towards the i5 processor.

The Thinkpad Edge is part of Lenovo's excellent T Series but somewhat less expensive. Looking at current configurations it seems it will deliver what I am looking for but I know nothing of the quality build.

Would love to hear back from people who have used this series and/or from ITs who repair laptops for their insights.

Thanks!

2. CAMusing

CAMusing TS Enthusiast Posts: 328

Hard to say not knowing the exact model number.

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 12,172   +37

Well at this point I don't have an exact model in mind. Just wondering what people's experience has been with this particular series either as a user and/or from a repair perspective.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.