Less-confident people are more successful

To me it seems as if the author is confusing high self-confidence with delusions of superiority. Examples (1) and (2) suggest that self-confidence plays a significant role in work ethic, self-evaluation, and subsequent performance. Here I don't think a solid case can be made that high or low confidence is generally the difference between better or worse performance. Instead, I'd argue that it's up to how objective an individual is when self-evaluating that's the key to success. Low or high self-confidence in these instances are anecdotal next to the critical reasoning necessary to objectively evaluate progress and continue working towards individual goals. Laziness, arrogance, and the dismissal of negative feedback result from an over-inflated ego, not simply "high" self-confidence.

I agree with example (3), though. Highly confident people are much easier to mistake as being arrogant or delusional than are people with low confidence. I've met several "high-confidence" individuals who initially come off as egotistical know-it-alls because of the way they'll present themselves but turn out to be the nicest, most open-minded and objective people around.

This is one of the best videos I have ever seen. It is a must watch for everyone from none other than Steve Jobs of Apple.

A True Speech from a True Person

I never thought that Steve Jobs deserved the amount of abject worship he got from the masses, but I really enjoyed this video. Thanks for posting it.

Back