TechSpot

Lexmark Z65 Printer will NOT install as "local" printer

By chevyo
Feb 6, 2005
  1. After eceiving an error message in a Hallmark Card program, I restarted my computer (windows 98 se). Then my printer would not print. I uninstalled the printer and have attempted numerous times to re-install the printer software, even though I check "local" printer, it goes into "configure network printer" and the only way it WILL install is as a network printer. I am not connected to any network and never have been as this is my home computer. Of course it will not let me print...I get a cannot comunicate with printer message. The printer installs and works fine on another computer I have. Any help would be appreciated, Lexmark hasn't been able to help. I'm getting a new printer, but I'm afraid it's going to do the same thing. I even tried re-installing Windows 98, I haven't gone so far as to format and start over..I hope this is a last option.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.