TechSpot

LG G3 to be first smartphone equipped with laser autofocusing system

By Shawn Knight
May 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A myriad of leaks and official discussions from LG over the past several weeks had seemingly given us everything we needed to know about the company's upcoming G3 smartphone. But now we've learned of a new feature that'll be a...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

Just another marketing gimmick IMO, but it will work... every consumer loves lasers... pew pew!

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,241   +1,549

Soo!!!!

As a potential consumer, what conclusion was I supposed to draw from watching that LG commercial/presentation? There was absolutely nothing about functionality, or relevancy to the article.

4. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 347   +54

Lasers? Those would be a battery drain, would they not? Plus, considering the stupidity of humans, I doubt it would pass whatever government regulation for lasers. More likely an infrared or visible red LED?
    Even if it was an INVISIBLE laser, *****s would turn it on and look at it.

5. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,025   +154

Upon quick glance of this news, I immediately jumped into concluding that the new LG G3 is equipped with laser weaponry system.
    fortunately, my lack of typing skills prevented me from posting out of this world comment.

6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,522   +595

LG Board: We need a new gimmick to help sell the G3. Any ideas?

Dr. Evil: Sell them with frickin' laser beams attached to their cameras!

LG Board: That's... not a bad idea, actually.

MilwaukeeMike and Burty117 like this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.