TechSpot

LG: Google's sales forecast for Nexus 4 were wildly innacurate

By Jos
Jan 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google made a bold move late last year by announcing its flagship Nexus smartphone for an unsubsidized price starting at $300. That's a big deal when comparable devices are selling for twice as much and the upfront cost for most...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,195   +751

I don't get it... why blame LG? What does that accomplish if you throw your partner under the bus? Why wouldn't they just say the nexus is far more popular than anyone imagined. That would have made even more people want one and by the time LG can come up with them they'd have a bigger pile of orders to fill.

I understand why they're mad though. A few months in this industry without being able to sell your phone is a lot of lost money.

3. ChadU

ChadU TS Rookie

So it's basically been sold out for 2 months and they are waiting another month before increasing production? They should have done that right after it was released. At this rate it will be outdated by the time they ever get it back in stock.

4. How do you spell 'ugly phone' ?

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

I-p-h-o-n-e-5.

Just kidding. I might be biased as a Nexus 4 owner but I don't see how it's ugly. There really isn't much difference in appearance between smartphones as most of the devices are screen. Pfft. And yes they did mess up with their sales forecast, big time.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.