LG intros 3D notebook, gaming monitor and projector

Matthew DeCarlo

LG has announced several products today, including the company's first 3D notebook. The XNote R590 3D features an Intel Core i7 processor, a 1GB Nvidia GT 335M GPU, an optional Blu-ray drive and presumably most of the hardware seen on last year's XNote R590, except the 15.6-inch 3D display and polarizing glasses, of course. You'll also find TriDef software preloaded, which converts 2D video to 3D in real time. Pricing supposedly starts around $1,300 and although initial shipments are limited to South Korea, the machine should go global in August.

In addition to a new notebook, LG also introduced its W63D gaming monitor and CF3D projector – both of which are 3D-ready. The display measures 23 inches, has a 1080p resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, and everything else you'd want on a standard TN-based LCD screen, while the projector transmits a full HD image through a single lens, can create up to a 200-inch picture, and comes with six pairs of glasses. Pricing and availability is a bit unclear but we've heard about $500 for the W63D and as much as $10,000 for the projector.

Permalink to story.

hello ...

the W63D gaming monitor seems nice & the price quite right too. I just don't understand the '(Only in 2D mode)' for consoles connected to the HDMI, i was hoping to plug my PS3 to a 3D monitor, if there are limitations, may go for a full fledge TV instead, well i guess will need more reviews.

The laptop is around same price for most high end ones, so i think not a bad price.

Finally 3D is here & not as expensive as some said ...we'll see where this go for this gen.

cheers!

How does it work with the polarized glasses? I haven't seen them used in 3D apart from cinemas.

$10,000 for the projector? I'll bet it does, but I'd expect to see: minimum 3500 ANSI lumens,full 1080P of course, rated to project up to 120" several HDMI and optical audio ports, LED or another type of bulb that allows for 10,000 hours operation (as opposed to the usual 3,000) and contrast ratio of 60,000:1. I don't have extensive knowledge of projectors, but based upon what I know it's what I'd like to see.

$500 for a 23inch monitor are they mad,you could buy a 1080 samsung 24 inch for half the price here.

Luckily for lg there are may *****s out that will want the latest tech at just about any price.

Back