TechSpot

LG is eagerly pushing 3D via TVs, smartphones

By Emil
Feb 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. LG apparently wants to play a big role in getting consumers to adopt 3D technologies. The South Korean company is pushing 3D in at least two huge markets: televisions and smartphones.

Read the whole story

2. Sorry but current 3D is lame.....Anyone who buys into is throwing there money away. 3D without glasses in a few years will be where it's at

3. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 240   +17

Maybe LG will push betamax next.

4. I wear glasses. That means I will not wear other glasses over my prescription glasses just to see some lame-o special effect that's been around since the 1800's in one form or another.

When "they" pushed for widescreen tv adoption, I said ok. HD? ok. 3D? Not a chance. Ever.

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

I really like LG products. My HDTV, blu-ray player, and optical drives in my PC are all LG and they are excellent products.

But them pushing this whole 3D thing is ridiculous. I've read article after article about how 3DTV sales have been extremely disappointing. Not a person I know of - at work, family and friends - has the slightest interest in 3D. Why chase something that the public has already decreed with their wallet that it's something they're not interested in?

6. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

Not a good move 3D is good only in theaters it looks a lot different at home.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.