LG sells 1 million webOS-powered smart TVs in 3 months

By Justin Kahn
Jun 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. LG has now announced that its webOS-powered Smart+ HDTVs have surpassed 1 million in sales. The Korean manufacturer launched the new displays back in March and have hit the 1 million mark in just under 4 months time. After being...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Am I the only one whos thinking the same thing here?, Who cares? Smart TV"s arent smart they are terrible...
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

That is actually quite impressive.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,375

Well, their 55" curved oled has no comparison.
  5. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Addict Posts: 294   +58

On the other hand, using a raspberry pi does more or less the same thing?

I have a smart TV but I just ended up connecting my old laptop to it...

And what is with all the Updates my TV has been receiving, I never know what is being updated...

Thanks LG.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

I like you JC, you're the most easily impressed person I've ever come across (which can be good, or bad). As you get older you'll wonder why you were then you'll become cynical (which can be bad, or good). I'm confused now... :confused::D
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Lol, I am impressed because I wouldn't expect these numbers from LG :p. You can probably tell I am a Samsung TV guy XD.
  8. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,599   +411

Smart TV all the way. I'd rather stream using my TV than some $100 box doing it for me. I'd rather use that money for a wall mount. I love LG's UI, but I'm not set on any brand yet.
  9. They should put XBMC on top, and LG would be my next tv, until then I'll stick to my HTPC with XBMC connected to TV.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

They have to impress. If LG can't successfully compete against Samsung then their race is over even before they've left the starting stall.