TechSpot

LG unveils Optimus G Pro with 5.5-inch curved glass display

By Shawn Knight
Feb 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. LG has revealed a new smartphone that should be able to compete head-to-head against Samsung’s flagship Galaxy Note II. The Optimus G Pro will ship with a 5.5-inch display – the same size as the Note II – but this...

Read more

2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,076   +76

2.5d? Really guys?

3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,828   +546

Are you sure it's not like 2.51D? How does it compute? :)

I like the red currant, but I had Note 2, and it gave me a toothache.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,087   +747

It looks quite nice but there are so many devices out there with Samsung & Apple duking it out for top honors I wonder if it'll get noticed. I hope so.

5. ArthurZ

ArthurZ TS Rookie Posts: 79

LG is on the right track adding the battery capacity, such an oversight on the side of Apple and all others!

captainawesome likes this.
  6. OUTLAWXXX

OUTLAWXXX TS Rookie Posts: 51

Apple isn't gonna try to sue them for the curved glass process are they?

7. Buster Keaton

Buster Keaton TS Rookie Posts: 19

Apple will probably sue them because they are calling it a phone.

Movatheaiur and Uvindu like this.
  8. Isn't the L of LG just two letters close to the I of Iphone on the alphabet?, if you add to that than they are releasing a phone, I see a very clear case there.

9. Buster Keaton

Buster Keaton TS Rookie Posts: 19

Yeah, they need to be very careful since Apple patented the alphabet.

Jillxz likes this.
  10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,924   +373

Thanks for the picture showing the curved screen LG.

11. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 280   +32

LG phones are really good, looks good too... BUT they have a crap software support... im not suprise if this runs on gingerbread... Lol

12. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,469   +622

Oh.. my... goodness. Dat bezel. This thing looks gorgeous.

THIS is what the iPhone5 should have looked like.

13. Samsung were making bits for the Apple Pie phone and LG are making Samsungs products like the nexus 4. So they are all in bed with each other til one gets kicked out for farting... and then the gloves are off and they sue each other for making similar products, but all phones look alike. Oblong, screen, camera, thin bezel.
    I don't get how they can sue each other when its standard practice for many companys to use the same production lines to cut costs, so they use the same bits of glass, I can't help but think they grabbed the glass of the note 2 and left it under a lamp for 2 minutes til it started to deform.
    I jest. LG have slowly become one of those companys who make some rather decent screens and electronics so if they can improve their software like some are complaining about then its all good. Not that software is ever an issue on an Android phone, who doesnt flash their android rom?

Jillxz likes this.
  14. Jillxz

Jillxz TS Rookie Posts: 23

The Name LG has been around a lot longer than the name of the iPhone.

15. Jillxz

Jillxz TS Rookie Posts: 23

It will NOT be running Gingerbread. I bet you have an iPhone or some kind of Samsung phone.

16. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 280   +32

an LG Fan? im still using LG-P970 since its release... and base on experience their software support is really crap regardless if it is a new model or an old one.

Again LG Phones looks good but I rather buy other phones.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.