Lian-Li LanCool PC-K62 and PC-K56 review

This case is nowhere near worth $110. Its made out tin cans, same material that is used for cat food cans. The cost to make that case, is around $5 just in materials. You can go on to newegg and find a similar case for $20, the only difference, is color and name.

Just by looking at either one, i would give them a rating of 3 out of 10.

Guest said:
This case is nowhere near worth $110. Its made out tin cans, same material that is used for cat food cans. The cost to make that case, is around $5 just in materials. You can go on to newegg and find a similar case for $20, the only difference, is color and name.
Just by looking at either one, i would give them a rating of 3 out of 10.
Honestly if you think this case has the build quality of a $20 case at newegg I suggest you stop eating the cat food out of your cans.

Yeah I was going to say something similar to steve's post but I'll reframe. These cases are so clean looking. Almost as thick as my tj07, same general design, but guess what, 200 usd cheaper. Good stuff right there.

I just noticed that the PCI Express 6pin and 8pin plugs aren't actually connected to the GTX 260 and I was just wondering if that was merely for picture taking, or did you actually forget to plug them in? Case looks very nice overall though. Makes me wish I had some money.

camuss15 said:
I just noticed that the PCI Express 6pin and 8pin plugs aren't actually connected to the GTX 260 and I was just wondering if that was merely for picture taking, or did you actually forget to plug them in? Case looks very nice overall though. Makes me wish I had some money.
You were on the money with your first thought, it was just picture taking, you don’t get far with a GeForce GTX 295 with no power ;)

@[-Steve-]

A tin can is a tin can, thus you cant have a quality case made out of a tin can. Thats like trying to pass coal as gold, its not possible.

The price of the case is not from the material that they use. It is from the design and ergonomic.

If you think that a case with no cable management, no filter, no tooless design, and no vibration dampening, no fan, no ventilation system, and no side window is the same as lancool case, then I think you may need to go back to grade school and learn why 2 different things can't be the same.

Seems like Lian-Li has made a good choice in making the SECC cases under a different company.

And to whoever said that these cases are as good as a $20 case from newegg..... You are right if all you do is install the components in them, and leave them there for eternity.... These cases are designed for more than that, and if you are looking for a case that is more than a mere plain box to put your components in, expect to pay more than $20....

Hi,
i might be a bit late to contribute to this ..but any way, how about the quietness of both of them comparably. with 4 fans, is the k62 louder, or is it the other way..? and the measures in Db?

(PC-K60-B) would avoid the glowing fans and brittle perspex window
whilst still having the same tool-less pci holders and hdd caddy's
but the 140mm top fans it comes with use sleeve bearings

to mount your own choice of 140mm fan get
(PC-K58-B) and Optional fan mounting kit (OF-01)

it is hard to find steel cases that have good cooling and layout
but do not have unneeded or flimsy parts

tool-less design is more of a convenience than a necessity
unless for some reason you have rotate hardware continuously

Back