Lightweight program to edit MKV files?

BlackScarlet

I'm trying to edit a 12G 1080p mkv file and the program I'm using now, SolviegMM video splitter, crashes with a runtime error when I try to load it, so I am looking for another lightweight mkv editor. The thing I liked about solvieg is that it didn't re-encode the file so there was no quality loss, which is something I always struggle with because I want to produce something of 1080p quality.

Any ideas?

For simple editing, Free Video Dub is a good choice. It’s not powerful but it’s very easy to use and cuts out unwanted parts losslessly, without re-encoding. It supports a variety of formats, among them .mkv. And it’s freeware, size 22MB.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Free Video Dub[/FONT]

There is the online editor at filelab.com but I haven't tried it to know if it will support your mkv file format, might be worth a look.

I tried free video dub . Very flacky , crashes also. Its very hard to find a good mkv editor. I am willing to pay but some of the better paid verisons only allow you to cut a piece of the movie once. You cant do multiple cuts. How can you have the intelligence to make a complicated program but you dont realize people have to make multiple cuts , not just one cut.

I use Wondershare Video Editor. It's about $40.00 for the license and to me it is worth it. It can edit MKV and many other types of files. This program will allow you extensive flexibility for your projects but it does encode the file to change formats or you can export still in MKV. It is easy to use but allows you a great deal options and preferences. The quality what you are looking for is definitely there. I posted a link
to a video I made using Wondershare. The quality is definitely there after encoding, the reason for the lag was I pushed the graphics to maximum performance to test, this should give you and idea.

Back