Limited Connectivity

By robertbrown1982
Feb 23, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with wireless internet and have windows Vista.

The other day I was on a website and it appeared to start to download something I thought might be a virus so I panicked and turned off my laptop.

When I turned it on afterwards, an error message always comes up saying 'jjeueswb.exe has stopped working and has had to be closed' or something like that.

A byproduct of this is that I cannot get on the internet. The wireless connection is strong but there is a little exclamation mark next to the internet connection where there is normally a little blue circle.

When I go into the network it says I have limited connectivity and I am connected with limited access.

I get the feeling that something has gone wrong with my security settings when I turned off the computer in a panic but I really don't know what to do now.

I have tried going into internet explorer without add-on's and it still does not work.

Do you have any idea what I can do to sort out this problem?

Much appreciated.

Rob
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,043   +84 Staff Member

Not sure if this will sort out your issue, but it's worth a shot:

Start > search for (and open) cmd > type netsh winsock reset > hit enter > when it's complete, reboot your laptop.
  3. robertbrown1982

robertbrown1982 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Didn't Work

Thanks for that Matthew but it didn't change anything. Anyone got any other ideas? Have tried to do a system restore but my computer wont let me do it, even in safe mode. Dont know what is going on.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.