Limited or no connectivity/can't acquire an IP address

By 1234567980
Sep 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Okay so recently i have been able to connect to my router Via Wireless But then a couple days ago my internet crashed and when i clicked "Repair" It Gets stuck at "Renewing IP Address" I have tried ipconfig/refresh,renew and etc None of it work and my internet is still limited or No Connectivity.But when i use an Ethernal Cable it works. Please Help I'm really frustrated, Any Advice or Suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    PS I have another laptop in my house and it connects to the internet fine. Thanks Again
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,042   +224

verify that the NIC is set to use DHCP for both IP & DNS addresses; remove any static values found
  3. 1234567980

1234567980 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I'm sorry but i don't quite get it could you dumb it down for me thanks though
  4. snooka6

snooka6 Newcomer, in training

Try this (assuming you're using xp):
    1) Go to device manager (click Start>right click on "My computers">click Properties>in "System Properties", click the "Hardware" tab>click Device Manager)
    2) Locate "Network Adapters". Click on the "+" to expand it and then right click on the device that you see
    3) click "uninstall"
    4) Reboot your machine

Windows will find and re-install the driver. Open you browser after the install. You should be connected now.
  5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,285   +155

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.