Limited or no connectivity problem, unresolvable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazareth

Sys: AMD 2600+
120Gb HD
1.75gb ddr ram

Ok here is the deal, I have installed windows on a new hardrive, everything goes smoothly than after setup is completed and every thing is done, i go to plug in the ethernet cable from the cable modem and the computer doesn't reconize any internet signal. It has teh connection icon pop up in the bottom message center and it says limited or no connectivity, (not connected to a router) so i ipconfig than i ipconfig/renew than ipconfig/release and what not and still nothing, so i unplug the cable, the computer doesnt see that the cable was unplugged it just sits at the limited/no connectivity screen. usually when you disconnect the cable it says network cable unplugged and what not, but it doesn't, and the rest of the computer seems to lag almost, cpu usage randamly spikes and the mouse lags/or will not move for a second too. Are these related to the same problem. keep in mind the computer ran fine 1hr before loading windows on a new harddrive, other hard drive died.

your best bet would be to uninstall that network connection, and create a new network connection using network connection wizard. this way xp will build everything up including tcp/ip stack. this has worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back