By Lazareth
Feb 13, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Os: Windows XP home ed
    Sys: AMD 2600+
    120Gb HD
    1.75gb ddr ram

Ok here is the deal, I have installed windows on a new hardrive, everything goes smoothly than after setup is completed and every thing is done, i go to plug in the ethernet cable from the cable modem and the computer doesn't reconize any internet signal. It has teh connection icon pop up in the bottom message center and it says limited or no connectivity, (not connected to a router) so i ipconfig than i ipconfig/renew than ipconfig/release and what not and still nothing, so i unplug the cable, the computer doesnt see that the cable was unplugged it just sits at the limited/no connectivity screen. usually when you disconnect the cable it says network cable unplugged and what not, but it doesn't, and the rest of the computer seems to lag almost, cpu usage randamly spikes and the mouse lags/or will not move for a second too. Are these related to the same problem. keep in mind the computer ran fine 1hr before loading windows on a new harddrive, other hard drive died.
  2. toffeapple

toffeapple TS Rookie Posts: 216

get new drivers for your NIC for starters
  3. Lazareth

Lazareth TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

I did that, going to try to replace the nic card with a new one.
  4. Lazareth

Fixed

replaced nic its all good
  5. toffeapple

toffeapple TS Rookie Posts: 216

cool...easy fix
  6. alidabiri

alidabiri TS Rookie Posts: 540

your best bet would be to uninstall that network connection, and create a new network connection using network connection wizard. this way xp will build everything up including tcp/ip stack. this has worked for me.
  7. Lazareth

I had done that, it didn't work. thats why i finally replaced the card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.