Lingering bootup Issue after virus cleaning

guitar1969

I just got through fighting a nasty virus on my Win 7 64 HP quad core AMD desktop and everything is clean now and running good except for one small issue with bootup.

The original post is here:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...us-cannot-begin-removal-process.184246/page-2

While going through the cleanup process, I started to experencing an issue when booting up where sometimes the system would just hang on a blank screen with the cursor blinking in the upper left hand corner (hard drive would stop activity). If I then restart (push power button, off and then on again) it would get to that point and then push on through to load up windows. This issue has continued even though everything else is running fine.

Not a big deal, but obviously something isn't right. I tried reseting Bios to factory defaults but that did not solve it. The virus expert that helped me told me I would need to get someone from these hardware/software forums to assist me.

Here are the details:

HP p6219f
Windows 7 Profesional 65-bit SP1

System Board:nvidia MCP78/77/72
Bios - American Megatrends 5.17
AMD Athlon II X4 620

Any thought on what it could be and how to resolve it.

Thanks,
Michael

Your hard drive maybe going bad.Try running a check disk on it first. See if this helps. If not you may need to go to the hard drives manufacture site. Then down load their diagnostic software. Then run a scan on the hard drive.

Back