Link two laptops, no internet capabilities/access

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to link two laptops together, so they can share information, without uploading the information seperately. They do not have a internet connection, no wifi, or adhoc, or NIC cards. Is it possible with a hub, or usb? We are running windsow 2000 pro on both laptops. Any ideas?

this is for viewing purposes for sales of photographs. Uploading jpgs seperately is too time consuming, and the image numbers often get mixed up.

Customers are now are waiting in line to view off one laptop, and its too time consuming.

thanks

This may be outdated but there was a program i used to used called laplink that transfered files between laptops. the connection was made through serial or lpt ports or both, and i even had special laplink transfer cables. This would be ideal for older laptops especialy.

Thanks for responding

This may be outdated but there was a program i used to used called laplink that transfered files between laptops. the connection was made through serial or lpt ports or both, and i even had special laplink transfer cables. This would be ideal for older laptops especialy.

I have checked wilth laplink, but I think it requires a NIC card and connection. Is that correct?

BA

that may be for newer versions but like i was saying before the connections were made using the serial (the old interface for mice) and lpt port (the printer interface)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back