TechSpot

Linking laptop to Samsung led tv?

By mickeybo7
Jan 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have connected the appropriate lead from my laptop to my tv but cant seen to choose the pc option on the tv?? I hav tried fn f8 but this does not improve the situation. It is simply to watch streaming on tv. Any help??????
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,406   +314

surprise! you MUST use the Samsung WiFi adaptor :( other devices can not be configured
    via the TV controller as the TV+Samsung WiFi adaptor are married for the configuration.

Really TICKS me off too, as I just bought the 46" un6800 and love the Led HDTV.
  3. mickeybo7

mickeybo7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

cheers is this the only way??
  4. jobeard

NO

1. use the Parocial Samsung WiFi adaptor which plugs into a USB slot
    2. use a wired Ethernet RJ45 connection from a router
    3. use a Wii, Xbox or PS3 station to connect to the TV and the controllers can connect WiFi/Wired to your router
  5. mickeybo7

so does the ethernet cable connect to tv? from modem??
  6. jobeard

normally
    Code:
    modem===Router---your PC systems
                 |
                 +-------->  TV Rj45
  7. mickeybo7

your better writing it in words as im not the greatest wi technology. How is the ethernet connected to the tv??
  8. jobeard

hmm;

connect a length of Ethernet Cable with an RJ45 plug to an empty slot on the router and the other end directly to the TV - - there's only one connection possible.
  9. mickeybo7

the ethernet goest straight into the router with no need for a connection? i cant see anywhere for the ethernet to connect to tv????
  10. jobeard

depends upon the model; my 46c6800 has an RJ45 connector.

see your User's Guide for details.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.