Links from google searches being redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I followed the 8 steps and so far it seems to be working but if someone could check my logs and see if it's a-ok that'd be awesome.

What it was doing was instead of going to the link that had been clicked on after a search was done it would load an ad page. In the IE tab it would say "redirct something" (couldn't read it that fast don't know the second bit) then the tab would say "jump" then it would be the ad page. If I would hit the back button I would then get the page I had originally wanted.

Update - Nevermind it's still happening. Now it's also happening with other search services besides google before I only had the problem with google.

Hello Penessa

The log files looks clean. I´ll therefore suggest we dig deeper -

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

And save to the desktop.
Close all other browser windows.

Please connect all your external hard drive/flash drive before running Combofix, if you have any

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

When finished, it will produce a logfile located at C:\combofix.txt.

Attach that log in your next reply

aarrgghh. I guess my email put the notification of response in my spam and I never saw it. I already wiped my hard drive. That worked pretty well. Thanks for the response. Now all I have to do is figure out why ipodtopc won't send this one stupid song to itunes and I'm back to normal finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back