Linksys BEFSR41 connectivity issue resolution

By pigdog
Dec 7, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First off hello to everyone. I am new here and would like to share my expertise in any way I can, hope what I have to share is helpful to some of you.

I know the BEFSR41 is getting a little outdated but it is still being sold and supported despite the move to wireless by the vast majority of the buying public. In my circumstance a wired LAN is much more reliable and I just still can't get comfortable with the idea of my bits floating around, encrypted or not :) I guess I am getting old and slow to adopt new technology, heck I still have a P2 233 as my DNS server and I am using a dual p3 1000 for my everyday computer.

Anyway I had some issues with the BEFSR41 recently and I set up a web page outlining what I found. There are lots of pictures so it may be a little slow to load but it is woth the effort I assure you.

http://www.dondoucette.com/befsr41/
  2. SquAsyS

SquAsyS Newcomer, in training

3. IronDuke

IronDuke Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,267

Not that surprising as the post is near a year old.
  4. pigdog

pigdog Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Try it now...

Here ya go.

Didn't think there was much interest in that old link.
    I have put it back up.
    dondoucette.com/befsr41/
  5. SquAsyS

SquAsyS Newcomer, in training

Thank you pigdog, I am experiencing a problem with my linksys befsr41 version 4. Before reporting my issue, I wanted to read old issues. I hope that will help, thanx.
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +229

That's a really interesting link pigdog - good job tracking that down.
  7. tdeg

tdeg Newcomer, in training Posts: 348

That bulging cap looks mighty familiar. As a tech I've seen too many of those around in the couple of years.
  8. pigdog

pigdog Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I am still using this router today and it is working flawlessly.
    And with all the WEP hacking going on it is nice to know my network is all hard wired. :knock:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.