Linux, Beryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

Hi, i installed Ubuntu on my spare HDD to muck around with and i can't figure anything out,

I downloaded the newest ATI drivers and it opens in Gedit and says the language is incorrect, i'm not really to sure if it's meant to open in that cause i think it's a txt editor.

and i would like to get Beryl going but i wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start, i looked around for a tutorial but i couldn't understand, if anyone has got a good one, or can write me on that would be lush.

*edit* i unlocked my ati drivers or something now whenever i boot into linux i get a black screen, i can still log in and stuff cause i can hear the noises.

someone help :'(

thanks

I had Gutsy Gibbon. I ended up figuring it all out and just ended up getting rid of it because once when i restarted it came up with some grup error and wouldnt let me boot into Vista or Ubuntu so yeah

all the effects and stuff are so prime, wish windows would do something like that, Vista and Aero look half complete compared to some of the stuff you can do with Linux

ATI drivers are in the ADD/Remove programs thingy, or you can use Automatix.

To get Compiz cranking, there's a Control panel thingy in Add/Remove for it, otherwise the groovy settings are unavailable.

My Daughter loves painting Fire on the screen, and putting her picture on the Skydome & caps... I find the Cube handy.

yeah the fire is good as, i hell love the windows how they wobble and stuff when you drag them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back