Linux client for Windows VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to connect to a Windows(NT) VPN server using Fedora Core-3. The VPN server is not a Cisco box, but the standard VPN running on a Windows server. The IP address of the VPN server is dynamic - it can change every time I access it, so I need something that will use the domain name exclusively. My platform is i386 based (AMD cpu).

I have tried to use the howtos without much success. They seem to go off on tangent after tangent of dependencies and pre-requisites.

Is there someone out there who has done what I need to do? If so, could you deliniate the needed steps in a way that a newbie can understand them?

Thanks in advance.

Depends what your VPN does - I'm on a VPN that runs on Windows, officially; but I can use anything. Web is provided by MS-ISA, mail by Exchange, etc - all have seperate clients under Linux, but all work.

But you need to tunnel thru the VPN to get to use all those things, right? That's the part I'm trying to do. I can access the VPN thru Win2K, but I want to use Linux.

Err, no. My router does the tunnelling for me.

That said, it is an extremely expensive Cisco.

It would be great if the VPN were router based - life is much simpler when the hardware handles things. As it is, I need to mimic the Windows VPN interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back