Linux Fedora 27

Macho

Techspot downloads for Operating Systems, includes Fedora. When I downloaded the .iso and burnt
my DVD live installation disk, I installed it on my old computer that I had running on Ubuntu, which was the best of all the Linix based OS's I tried.

Fedora was better not being clumsy to work with, only having Chromium browser. Fedora has Mozilla Firefox. I was able to download Chrome browser that was specially made for Fedora. Many more programs that can be downloaded and used, than Ubuntu.

I small problem with the video resolution, so I had to install a second time, and it worked. Very few problems with using it. It is the same as the Red Hat that would cost $150.00.

Any idea what that video resolution problem is all about? I tried the Fedora Server OS, and it knocked out my internet connection on my computer, and also had that video resolution that needed, 1200 x 1050. But it also was a strange problem when it comes up.

I am trying to select a version of Linux, without any programming defects. "Portable" to a programmer means that it can easily be put on another computer without any problems such as the one I mention. Another version, openSuse, does it have the same problem? It is about the same GNOME.

When I installed Linux, it formatted my hard drive in Ext2. Now when I went to reformat in Windows 10, where was it? Maybe another aftermarket format program can recover it back to being used or I can use it to experiment to see what versions are out there with no bugs or anything unusual to put me on the dark onion web, when I least expect it. :p

I am trying to select a version of Linux, without any programming defects.
Better adjust your expectations, as there's no such thing.

"Portable" to a programmer means that it can easily be put on another computer without any problems such as the one I mention.
I began "Porting" to several versions of Unix back in '86 before there was any form of Linux so I understand "portability"

When I installed Linux, it formatted my hard drive in Ext2. Now when I went to reformat in Windows 10, where was it?
The issue is Windows ability to see other than NTFS partitions. You need a bootable tool to manage the HD and ALL the partitions on it.

When I installed Linux, it formatted my hard drive in Ext2. Now when I went to reformat in Windows 10, where was it?

Windows can NOT read EXT2,3,4 partitions by default that is why you cannot view the formatted hard disk partition.

On the other hand Linux supports ALL file systems.

As jobeard stated the ideal process would be live booting a linux distro and using gparted or any disk partitioning/management of your choice and formatting it as required.

Back