Liquid Cooling Noises

By EXCellR8
May 30, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I have been using a Swiftech liquid kit to cool my CPU for about 6 months now, and it's great, but there's something that's been bothering me for awhile.

Ever since I rid myself of that miserable nvidia board; swapped the kit into a new setup, there has been this kind of "popping" sound in the radiator that happens quite often. At first I thought it was just a bubble trapped in there somewhere but it's been doing it for a long time and hasn't gotten any better. I've tried the standard rocking/tipping method of trying to free a stubborn bubble many times but that hasn't changed anything. The flow is good and there are no leaks so I can't debunk that noise. Sometimes it's louder than usual and sometimes 10 minutes will pass before it happens again. It doesn't seem to be causing any physical damage (though it is a little annoying to the ear) so I've just been ignoring it. Any ideas what it could be?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.