TechSpot

liquid cooling system

By SirMaggot
Jul 12, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi im new to all this liquid cool systems i got just got the evercool wc-202 i have not installed it yet and i was just wandering, would u lose cooling performance if u used regular water insted of distilled water
  2. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 1,595

No. But tap water contains minerals and other impurities that not only make the water conductive (bad if you get a leak, even though that is rare), but also make the water more corrosive. Over time this can lead to rust or mineral buidup in places.

I would not suggest using tap water.
  3. SirMaggot

SirMaggot TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 34

thx do any one know if this system is good for a p4 3.2 ghz processor
  4. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

should be plenty for a 3.2ghz.... in fact, should be plenty for about any processor you can get for a PC today.

Just for the info of those reading, some water cooling units perform worse than a good HSF combo, but these are usually the cheapest watercooling units out there. Do a little reading online before investing in a bargain watercooling unit.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.