Liquipel announces waterproof nanocoating 2.0, achieves IPX7 rating

By Shawn Knight
Jan 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Liquipel unveiled version 2.0 of their waterproof nanocoating designed for smartphones and tablets ahead of this year's Consumer Electronics Show. This year's revision features significant advancements in durability, corrosion resistance and water protection and is up to 100 times more...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,049   +699

Wow very cool... I wonder how the charger/data connection works after being coated with something.
  3. IP X7?? Water protection at lv 7? Wow, with this I can make call with my iPhone when swimming or even submerged!!
  4. That should give people some time to fish their precious smart phone out of the toilet bowl :p
  5. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

I am pretty sure that pun WAS intended...
  6. I just got my phone back. The charger and headphone jacks still works fine after being submerged. I watched their videos, Liquepel isnt sprayed on but they use a GAS like substance. The gas I guess goes into the jacks and ports because the have another video where they take off the battery cover and put in water and it still works!!!! This is well worth the money!!!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.