Lite on shw-160p6s dvd drive won't read discs

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK first of all I'm a newb. I'm not even sure I'm posting in the right place. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a lite on shw-160p6s dvd/rw drive that i use Roxio easy dvd/cd creator and Roxio drag to disc to burn. i burn my media but leave the discs open so they can only be read by Roxio drag to disc. The other night it was working fine and when I woke up the next morning it was saying all my burned discs were blank. Dvd's work fine, pc games and cd's work fine but my burned dvd/rw's all read blank. I've completely uninstalled all the roxio and drivers and reinstalled them. Ive right clicked the drive in windows explorer and checked "allow burning on this drive." Nothing is working. I've even ran numerous registry cleaners and have active realtime protection against malware so i know its not a virus. I also tested it with the antivirus turned off. Still reads "blank disc." I've been to numerous forums and no luck. Can anyone help? Please and TY

It could be your drive is beginning to lose certain functions. CD/DVD drives/burners have a life expectancy of 2-5 years with exceptions on both ends. I've had one die in less than a year with little use and another 6+ years with moderate to heavy use.

You seem to use your's a lot so you may want to consider either a) buying a new one or b) or upgrading the firmware. Try the latter suggestion first.

I use Lite-on a lot. In fact I have two in my main rig and a third in my second rig. My son does a lot of burning and it stays true. However, there are those that think Lite-on is only okay in quality.

Do your research. You may want to check out NewEgg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back