Little bug

Nirkon

On the front page, under "In the spotlight",
if you click Next, or the other dots to go to other spotlight articles,
the dots and the Next will 'disappear', they are there, but they got pushed down because of the size of the article summary being displayed.

it would probably take a second to fix, just move down the news by a couple of pixels.

Thanks,
Nirkon

Updated Firefox to 3 RC1 and updated Java, still same problem.

Although, it isn't java, because the java icon doesn't appear when I load techspot <.<

Problem doesn't happen in Opera 9.27.

But the menu bug described in this thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=75565 still exists.
cfitzarl said:
I was browsing TechSpot, and I encountered these odd misplaced dropdown menus on the top of my browser. If you look into the image, you can see that the links are actually off the page. I can't close them, or click out of them either. I just thought I should let you know :wave: !

untitled53245345345hf5.png

I found out though that on the front page, they begin in the top left and then jump to their correct location if you move the mouse off of the link and then back quickly.

The site redesign will probably change all of this.

Hey guys,

So, the official word. As you know a redesign is coming along (and it's been for about six months now) but the good news it's now 90% ready with just a few hiccups here and there that need to be corrected.

With that in mind, we are not fixing the little bugs on the current design unless those really are preventing users from reading or browsing the site. I'm aware of the rare Opera bug with the drop down menu and the one at "In the Spotlight" which seems to be a font rendering issue (most common in Safari).

Much of our code will get a revamp in modern CSS/XHTML however and when time comes we will really appreciate if you can help us find the bugs that will undoubtedly pop up, even after our tireless tests for compatibility and compliance.

Thank you.

Well, I have a simple question about the redesign:
Is it going to make it even more un-friendly for dial up users? :/

If this happens I am going to be slightly screwed.....

Good to know, because for example,
Tom's Hardware (games etc..) did a redesign..
and to be honest it sucks...

pages load more slowly, the new chart system lost A LOT of functionality over the old chart system, its slower and doesn't work on all computers...

so hopefully similar mistakes won't be done here :)
but I trust you guys :) haha

Back