Live-cd with save option

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopdog

Hi!

I´m having problems with my laptop hdd, and currently I´m trying different Linux Live-cd distributions. The Puppy linux live-cd is able to burn any changes back to the Live-cd, (user documents, preferences, etc.).
My question is: Are there any other (bigger/more complete) linux-distributions that are able to do the same ting? I´m currently using Ubuntu 8.4, but any changes I make are lost as soon as I turn of the computer.

because you are using live cd , install it , and everything you change will be as it when you restart your laptop.

If your Laptop has Windows then use a Windows boot cd to repair it.

http://ubcd4win.com/

Read about download and burn.

It boots BartPe Windows runs from the CD and Ramdrive not the HD.

Allows access to the HD the remote registry (the registry on the HD) not the one on the bootcd.

It has Virus and Spy/Adware removal programs and the ability to start/services etc!

It has full access to System Restore.

Every power user should have one!

Mike

Thanks, it was an electrical problem with the hdd, I´m returning it.I´ll take a look at BartPE, sounds interesting.
It seems like the Morphix Live-cd also has the ability to burn any changes back to the live-cd, but I haven´t tried it yet.

I so wish you could save onto the disk on unbuntu Live cd.
Maybe you can , but from what ive heard before you can't.
It would be useful it you could though :)

This reply is a little late in coming,but there is a way for you to save "stuff" that you have done on your Distro.Download and install VirtualBox, from VirtualBox you will create a new virtual machine and follow the prompts.I have used virtualbox for ubuntu8.04,windows7beta,and LinpusLite,and within the virtualmachine I saved changes, created and saved docs etc,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back