Starting: 23PM GMT, 6PM EST
Server: The Twin Spears
Guild: Kajidic
PvP livestream: http://www.livestream.com/immortalusPVP
PvE livestream: http://www.livestream.com/immortalusPVE

Near Future:

PvP Live Streams
16 Man Live Stream

Guilds first 8man Eternity Vault operation, few people which who never been in Eternity Vault. If you want to take a peak and see how Kajidic does it, don't hesitate and watch our Live stream, streamed by Immortalus. Currently schedule for todays operation (Eternity Vault) is getting at least 2 bosses down and possibly clearing the instance.

About Kajidic:

Website url: www.kajidic.com
Faction: Empire
Time Zone (US East, US West, EU): US East (EST) (accepting US/EU players)
Server type (PvP, PvE, RP): PvP
Looking for Adversary guild? (Yes or no):No
Approximate number of guild members at this time: 223 in Guild (over 500 lifetime members). Peak online 60, average 30, minimum 10.

General Info
Kajidic is a premier PvP World-based alliance guild intended to dominate the universe for Star Wars The Old Republic. We excel in PvP and, as such, most of our time is spent kicking the crap out of any Foe. Any PvE we do is done to simply get better gear to use in PvP. Our organization consists of more than one guild that represents their name as a chapter within the Kajidic Union. Such unity is built on strong relationships between guilds from the past.

[/CENTER]

~Ashira / Cyphen

How is it compared to WoW or other mmorpg? I'm only about level 15 at the moment but just not sure about longevity of the game. What is there for a more casual player to do at 50? (Raided 3-4 times a week for too long back in WoW).

Sorry for the rather long post, I start of writing and I just kept going. If I really got into it, id probably write a giant essay ^^

How is it compared to WoW or other mmorpg? I'm only about level 15 at the moment but just not sure about longevity of the game. What is there for a more casual player to do at 50? (Raided 3-4 times a week for too long back in WoW).

What can I say without being a Fanboy....

How it Plays

It is very similar to WoW in terms of end-game and the way the whole game plays. That said WoW is similar to Everquest and MMOs before it. If you looking for something different then the traditional MMO with gear progression, similar PvE encounters and the PvP then you won't get that in TOR.

The Game

TOR has its pluses, the large environments are great, many good communities (such as Kajidic, Pax Republica, Wraith and many more), the main class story and voice acting are amazing and can keep you in the game for few months until you do all the class stories for 8 classes (8 char slots per realm). The voice acting is amazing although can be little tiring once you heard it once, the second time it will get kind of boring, or at least it did for me.

Missing things

There are features that are missing such as UI features as well as Auction House features but these are tiny little things. The PvE content is great, fairly easy and fun but once you do it for the 10th time, it will get boring.

Journey to 50

You level to 50 doing quests or PvP which can keep you bussy and by the time you get to level 40 you should have a good feel of how the game plays and see if you really want to carry on. When you get to 50 there are Datacrons and Achievements (CODEX) to collect (Datacorns, mini stat buffs) and other features. You have the Space mini game which is nice but it gets repetitive quite fast, at least for me.

PvP

Now current state of World PvP is meh, needs to be sorted but its not awful either, its decent (id rate it 5.5/10). The Warzones are great, love them but there is something missing on the competitive side like Ranked Ladders. I am a fan of Arenas although I like all types of PvP, so for me Arenas would be nice if they would make it into TOR (many players oppose this though due to balance issue and other shenanigans). If they want to keep the PvP crown around and interested in the game, they need to work hard on the PvP side of things.

PVE

Already said about PvE but its pretty much like WoWs with tad more lore and meaning to it. I think the current PvP would compare to something like Ulduar. The raids are nice, the normal mode is failry easy, hard is doable but needs focus of course and the Nightmare mode is difficult although with good bunch of people you can do it, its not as hard like fights such as Algalon 25, LK 25 HC and alike ...

Companions and Crafting

Companions are nice as well, really help out with Solo End-Game as you can have a heal, tank and dps companions (each class gets max of 5 companions). You can send companions out on missions and depending on the difficulty, the harder ones take longer to complete. At 50 you can send out total of 4 out of 5 companions for your missions (so you can send companion to do scavenging, slicing or bioanalysis etc.. missions or make them craft items for you).

Crafting is nice, way better then WoWs in my opinion and can keep you bussy at end game doing bits and bobs.

Another thing you can do to is to max companion affection, PvP Valor rank, social ranks and so forth to more out of the game.

Conclusion

All in All if you like cut-scenes/story, scifi (Star Wars) and traditional MMO styled game like WoW is, then you will like this game.

If you want new kind of combat system, more innovation in PvE encounters and PvP and so. If you don't like cut scenes or story, or might dislike Star Wars then this game MIGHT not be for you.

There are bugs like any other game release has and I am sure they are working on it. If you get to 50 and don't like the game, give it some time so that BW fixes things and gets more content out. They have stated they have 1 year worth of content ready or nearly ready for TOR so that is great.

Patch 1.1 or 1.2 has new things coming up which all really interesting.
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coming-star-wars-old-republic

Patchnotes
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

PS:

Hope it all make sense, at least you should get a general idea. If you need any questions answered fire away, il try my best answering them. There are many reviews (player reviews) on MMO-Champion, Youtube and Official forums that you can look for. Don't give in to the hate, the forums is crawled with trolls.

Thanks for that extensive review Artix. I'm going to play through a couple of classes to 50 at least before making any decision on whether I'll keep a subscription or not. I have to say that I've felt combat(PVE) to be a bit laggy, more so on medium graphics on laptop. Doesn't feel so bad on my well geared desktop.

Thanks for that extensive review Artix. I'm going to play through a couple of classes to 50 at least before making any decision on whether I'll keep a subscription or not. I have to say that I've felt combat(PVE) to be a bit laggy, more so on medium graphics on laptop. Doesn't feel so bad on my well geared desktop.

Yeah the game is not that well optimized and where on WoW i have constant 40fps + in TOR I can quite low which is expected considering more modern game and different game engine.

After you get to 50 on 1 guy the 2nd time you do go through it may be bit boring doing the same quests which happened to me. Main class story is kick *** though.

Watcha playing?

Yeah the game is not that well optimized and where on WoW i have constant 40fps + in TOR I can quite low which is expected considering more modern game and different game engine.

After you get to 50 on 1 guy the 2nd time you do go through it may be bit boring doing the same quests which happened to me. Main class story is kick *** though.

Watcha playing?

Sith Inquisitor / Assassin

It's quite rogue(last class I played at 85 in WoW) like but hard not to be with the assassin class having stealth, but without the same stuns. I believe another class is more stunlock focused from what I've read. Will be interested to see how the tanking abilities of a rogue like class work out. Guess I can try that out once I get a different companion, The first one is a one big muscle that tanks nicely when soloing.

Light saber energize thing is like instant poisons on rogue weapons, discharge is like rupture or deadly poison... can't think of others at the moment but sure there will be other similarities. I guess any MMO is going to have some kind of Tank/Healer/DPS equivalents to other MMOs :)

What about you Artix? What class(es) are you playing?

Back