Loaded Ubuntu and now I can't boot to Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded ubuntu inside windows using wubi. If I select ubuntu from that boot menu everything works fine. I can not boot to windows now. I have worked for two days to determine the problem and have been unsuccessful. I recently tried to do a repair instalation and can not even do that. When I select the repair install and get to the set up screen I notice that the c: drive says unknown disk "partition1 unknown" 76340 mb (76340 mb free). I know this is not an empty drive because I used ubuntu to get all the files that I did not want to loose off that drive. When I select that drive to set up windows xp on. I get the following message. This partition is either too full , damaged, not formatted, or formatted with a incompatible file system. To continue installing Windows, setup must format this partition. Before I do that is there anything I can do to same the files.

If you're running XP, do an XP repair. You won't loose any files, but you will have to apply some Windows updates over again. If you are running Vista or Windows 7 tou can use the install DVD to fix the Windows boot

"I recently tried to do a repair instalation and can not even do that". No repair"...

Did you try it this way?

Perform a Repair Installation
Published: August 1, 2002
Submitted by Doug Knox, Windows XP MVP, Tewksbury, Massachusetts
For more tips by Doug, visit Doug's Windows Tweaks and Tips
Find more on the Expert Zone from Doug Knox.
How do you perform a reinstallation of Windows XP, sometimes called a repair installation?

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer. Then insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer.
1. When the Press any key to boot from CD message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
2. Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.
3. Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.
4. In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
5. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back