Loading drivers

When I bought this computer ( Dell XPS 720 ) all drivers were installed . ?1, where do they go.? 2nd ? , why do I have folders on the "C" drive that are marked drivers, and one marked Dell which also has drivers.? If they are already installed in windows , can I delete those in these folders. I ask these ? as I am in the process of upgrading my XPS 720. I am replacing both HD and the mobo, i7 cpu, 1.2 G GPU, PSU . I will keep the DVD and CD rom as they work fine. I have all original disks for these items and once Win7-64 bit is installed I will install the drivers that are necessary.

Thanks for any help

Otto

Now then...

In your "dell" folder you will find the drivers for your specific devices. The Drivers folder usually has the compressed files (and are usually named crazy things like R1292374.exe).

DVD/CD players that come with Dell computers usually have drivers that are native to Windows, so you should be fine there. If you end up with an issue, get your Service Tag off the bottom of your laptop, go to here and download the drivers needed.

Hope it helps :)

Back