Loading Windows Error = virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple weeks ago i received a blue screen error then my computer restarted and it hasn't been the same since. the next time i logged onto my computer it would last 11mins 31 seconds (i timed it) then restart with another blue screen error. so i tried running my virus scan in safe mode, found nothing. now when i try to load windows it gives me these errors* or at least i think its an error. I have tried clicking on the box, and it just restarts and gives the same error. before this (about a week ago i received blue screen errors during the errors there was a C: chkdsk or something along those lines on my NTFS files(?) while it checked for consistency::
step one (files):
1: Delete corrupt files code 128 in file 15101 attribute list entry.
2: Delete corrupt files code 128 in file 15101 attribute list entry.
3: Deleting corrupt attribute record (128, ") from file record segment 31070
step 2 (indexes) ,3(Security) went really fast so i couldn't write what it said.

now i get these errors when windows is trying to load

here is the error box
error.jpg

and here is the windows screen
windowserror.jpg

*note the text/images are not exact, i had to try to copy them as best as i could by looking at them from another computer (copy & paste ing the images so they are at least the same through out.)

what do i do? i have also posted this on the Kaspersky anti virus forums

Scott

ps. i am posting on another computer

thanks for all the help

pss. im using Windows XP home v2002 SP3 on a Toshiba Satellite M35X- S3112

ok so i tried to recreate what it looks like i googled the log in screen so i can paste the other images in so u can see what it looks like (not exact but close)

logon.png

You could have a lot of issues without it being caused by a virus.
It could be a driver error of various types, bad memory module, bad hard drive, or bad install on the hard drive.
You will get the best results by reinstalling Windows. Next best results by downloading your key drivers, then once downloaded, delete your old drivers in Device Manager before installing the new ones.

The most common causes (but not the only causes) of Blue Screen are driver errors, failed memory module, failed video graphics card, and failed hard drive.

ok so what if i said that i cannot find my windows disk... :( i do have (at least i think i do) the rest of the disks that came with my computer

Are you sure it was the real blue screen and windows restarting? About a week or so ago, I had a virus that changed my screensaver to the blue screen and what looked like windows restarting and background that said i was infected ,then removed the tabs in display so i couldn't change back.
And it happened about ten min. into being on comp. F8 got me out of the screen saver.

Maureen said:
Are you sure it was the real blue screen and windows restarting? About a week or so ago, I had a virus that changed my screensaver to the blue screen and what looked like windows restarting and background that said i was infected ,then removed the tabs in display so i couldn't change back.
And it happened about ten min. into being on comp. F8 got me out of the screen saver.

yeah im sure cause when my computer restarts it beeps at me and it was doing that beep,

now windows wont even load. so it cant be a screen saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back