Loca Area Connection Problem/Network Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings folks,

This is my first post , so Hi to all.

I got a network/connection problem.I formatted my pc today because when i turned it on , it gave the windows screen and then it said that it can;t access the " SYSTEM " folder , so i formatted it since it's been a while since i've done that ( like a year and a half ).After that , I tried connecting to the internet by inserting the ip address numbers and the DNS ( I use cable connection ) , it didnt work , then i tried chanding the network card number , it worked , for like 30 minutes but then it stoped , it said " network cable is not plugged " or something like that , but then it plugged ( i dont know how ),but no internet connection ... so i went to check for the network cards and there was like 2 or 3 of them ( NIC i guess it was written ), i tried uninstalling them , but it didnt work , so i disabled them , but still , there was no internet connection. I tried ipconfig/all / renew /etc... but still , NO PROGRESS. So if you may PLEASE help me in this , cuz im supposed to give my final thesis at the university at the end of this month . Thanks in advance

Oh and also , stuff like Local Area Connection , 2 , 3 , 4 ,5 ,6 , 7 started appearing :S

Are you getting any 'link light' on the card you plug the cable into? Usually a little green light or Amber I think it is on Dell. If you are not I suggest trying a different cable from your modem to your PC.

Also, is your PC directly connected to the modem or into a router?

And when setting your IP address are you going to Start --> Control Panel --> Network Connections?

go to your device manager
(cp->Admin Tools->Computer Manager->Device Manager)

find the Network Adapters and expand the [+]

if there are any Yellow or Red flags, you need to fix the drivers or configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back