Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
greetings from South Africa,
I am very new to forums and do not know the correct protocol.
So be gentle with me?
I have a KM4AM Motherboard and the drivers etc.
I bought and installed two LG super multi DVD drives.
When connecting it up I noticed that there was a cable connected to the old secondart CD dive and appeared to go to the motherboard??
I do not know if I unplugged it - however I get the title of my thread when I boot up.
It says 'new found hardware' - Parrallel device'

Any suggestions please

The "Parallel" device is the port driver for your LG DVD drives. You have 2 parallel ports on the motherboard. The blue port is for IDE hard drives. The white port is for your IDE (parallel) DVD drives. How are you connecting to the Internet? The "Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged" message indicates that there is no network cable connected to the motherboards network port. Your Cable or DSL modem attaches to this port

:approve::grinthumb
Tmagic650. Thank you.

This is such a pleasant surprise. I imagined my request would float off into the ether.

I am not at all fluent in computernese. However, my internet connection is a USB type.
My signal allows up to 7.2 Mbps. Its all we get on the farm here in South Africa.
Could this type of connection cause the 'error report'?

Again - Thank you

NevilleB

With your type of Internet service, the network connection is not used. You will get the "Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged" message... This is normal for your situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back