Log files from infected pc

By stevefj
Oct 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all, I'm in need of some help in cleaning a virus/malware from my computer. I've followed the 8 steps for removal, and have created the requested 3 log files, which are attached.

I had a red x in my system tray that would flash a message every couple of seconds saying my computer was infected. After running the cleanup programs specified in the 8-step process, I'm no longer seeing the red x. But, please check my logs and let me know if I need to do more.

Thanks for the help.
  2. rf6647

rf6647 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 931

Option 1)
    Post fresh logs. A 2nd swing through the programs may remove what follows.

Option 2)
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: karna.dat
    When you fix this o20 entry it will remove the key from the registry but leave the file. You must then manually delete this file.
    I did not attempt to evaluate if this was reasonable when considering all of HJT.

O21 - SSODL: ShProc - {29D1DDB4-1C38-1A51-1BEE-08C9DF958305} - C:\Program Files\kvkegn\ShProc.dll
    When you fix o21 entries, HijackThis not delete the offending file listed. It is recommended that you reboot into safe mode and delete the offending file.

Here is a single result from "google" that suggests this is malware. I cannot read the language. At the end "ShProc.dll" was gone as o21 entry.
    http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-8835932-your-computer-is-infected
  3. JungleNP

JungleNP Newcomer, in training

Hi, I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 and recently had a number of problems (e.g. couldn't open Task Manager) which indicated my notebook was infected. I followed the instructions on Techspot, and my logs are attached. Malware and Spyware logs now look OK (I had to run Malware three times!) but I don't know about the HijackThis log. Can someone look at it? And can you recommend what firewall and anti-virus software I should be running? I was using Norton for both.
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

post removed, wrong thread, sorry
  5. rf6647

rf6647 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 931

JungleNP

It's expected that you use your own thread for submitting your logs.

Security and the Web >Upper, left corner > New Thread

Thusly you will proceed to here
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.