Logging on autoloads logoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindowsUser32

Hello users of TechSpot.com,

A Few nights ago a person on a gaming website told me: "Good luck Logging on your computer.". And now ny computer does exactly as he says It Loads windows and everything but when i click my username to sign in, It automatically closes back to the sign in screen. I have booted in safe mode to try and bypass this but to no avail whenever i attempt to login anything on any account it automatically closes the connection. I would like to know how is it possible for me to clean it so that i can login i have tried using the last known good configuration on bootup but that did nothing, I am very disappointed that this has happened. I have not downloaded anything out of the normal in the past few days except firewalls and antiviruses and such EXCEPT last night I clicked on a link in msn the virus but i never ran the com file i just saw it in the download option and cancelled. I do not know if he had anything to do with my windows not loading or if the msn virus did or anything I cannot blame anyone because i have no proof that anyopne did anything but i do know for a fact that I cannot do anything To my knowledge to sign on my computer The only thing i can thing is a wipe of the computer's drive and reinstall windows but the problem is my windows cd has been lost and I have files that i wish to keep on my system. I do not wish for it to become that serious but i do wish for me to sign in again...

Any suggestions or ways of me being able to fix this would be greatly appriciated.
Note: I am on my laptop now and it occured on my desktop.

I am running windows XP, I cannot reformat because i have lost my windows CD and my restore virtual drive was erased awhile back, I am trying to find a way to bypass this without having to erase and reinstall everything because i have files on my computer that i am using to produce a RPG and wiping the system would delete thouse I have no backups of anything important either...

Try safe mode (you didn't say if you could log on to Administrator in Safe mode)

And type: control userpassword2 in the Start Run field
Select "Users must enter a username/password..."
Restart

Hello kimsland, When i tried to boot in safe mode no accounts would load aswell without autoloading the logoff process. Administrator account is no exception.

Sounds like it's missing the explorer.exe file or logonui.exe in Windows.

You may be able to do a SFC /ScanNow on the safe mode command prompt
(Windows CD required)
Or run a Repair of Windows.
(Windows CD and product key required)

See thats the thing Whenever i shut off and turn on the omputer i run it normally and i can see my java program loading but immidiately not giving it time to load it will start saving settings and log me off

SYSTEM RESTORE FROM SAFE MODE COMMAND PROMPT
(This is copied pasted heading)

(note you must have administrator rights)

c:\windows\system\restore\rstrui.exe
Reference Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back