Logitech G15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

Does anyone own a Logitech G15 keyboard, or has at least tried one out? I was thinking of getting one to replace my aging, dirty, and missing-keys keyboard, but I was wondering if it is really worth the money ($84 CAD at the local nerd-mart ;)) Basically I'm just looking for people's opinions on it before I buy. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds :)

This is ONLY my personal opinion, but a keyboard (to a certain extent) is just that, a keyboard. I wouldn't recommend one in the $10-30 price range due to their limited options, but unless you really need something "Out of this world" a decent Logitech or even a Microsoft in the $40-50 price range is sufficient. I would rather spend my money on a good mouse. Now, that's a different story.

Lol and you can actually aim in FPSs? Wow. Thanks for the input sghizaneck, I already have a good mouse and I have a hell load of money to burn so...

Oh, and I got my keyboard for $5. It's terrible and it's missing a some keys (most of the numberpad and g which I replaced with a "G" from another keyboard ;))

I use the Logitech Elite and it's a great keyboard. I've had it for about 3 years now and has everything that I need. The G-15 looks like a great keyboard and if you have the money to burn as you say, then go for it. I still believe the mouse is the way to go. As for Wolfram, I'm not disagreeing that a cheap mouse won't do the trick, but the newer ones have the software to increase the DPI rate while in gaming. I have mine set on 1600 DPI for FPS games and let me tell you, once you get used to it, you won't go back. Response time is incredible.

I have used Logitech cordless for many years.The model isn't on it.
But they have great support and quickly gave me a newer model exchange when i had a problem.They are located not far from me,near the Toronto Airport.No send and receive,just a short drive.
I got the MX Laser cordless rechargable mouse for Xmas,it's great.
But glad i didn't pay for it.
Note : I don't install the software and use both as PS2 devices.

Ok, well thanks for the input guys. I'm going out in like 20 minutes to get a G15 and a G5. I found that I'm always upgrading my PC's internal components, and it's about time that I get a new keyboard and replace my medium-good, but old Logitech MX510. Thanks again :)

I'd say get the best, most comfortable mouse you can get your hands on. It doesn't have to be the G5, in fact, some people complain that they're too big. But if you're used to your MX510, the G5 is a good choice.

As for the G15, I own one. But I wouldn't say I recommend it. Its just way too expensive to actually be of any use. I almost never use the LCD screen. I occasionally use it to tell the time (during full screen games) or to tell how far through a boring movie I am (without moving the mouse and disturb the boring show).

In fact, I knew beforehand that it would be this way. Before this I've always been doing pretty well on a normal keyboard with NO bells or whistles. But then, I saw this keyboard on a secondhand forum for really cheap.... why not? :D

I wouldn't say it cannot replace a normal keyboard, it doesn't present with any problems (the blue light can be switched off too!) except one: the ctrl key is no longer the bottom leftmost key anymore, and may be a slight adjusting problem. I keep reaching for the corner key and hitting one of the mod keys.

It still looks cool though, a great thing to lug around to LAN parties for people to gawk at. Works just as well as a 30" display, but much cheaper :D

Well actually, I got an Antec Nine Hundred instead. The front door covering the optical drives fell off of my old case before I left to get the G15 yesterday. Pissed me off. So I got the best case I could afford to replace it :)

MetalX said:
Lol and you can actually aim in FPSs? Wow.

Yes, I can. My mouse works perfectly in games. It has a 800DPI rate. It works phenomenal, and hey, it just costed $7 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back