Logitech Orbit webcam need help with..

By DLambie
Dec 20, 2009
  1. I have a Logitech Orbit webcam with mic - use mic for my computer courses and every sooften it decides not to work out of the blue.

Sometimes, well most, I unplu it plug it back and and comes up with USB device not reconized blah blah blah then other times unplug plug back in works great.

I have read this a problem do to Windows Vista and lots of people seems to be having same problem - anyone with any ideas of fixing this as when it decides not to work it is VERY flustrating.

I think my next webcam/mic will not logitech as their support staff hate to say it SUCKS!!!
  2. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 274

Logitech support has always sucked with support from what I've experienced...

Have you tried different usb ports?
  3. DLambie

DLambie TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 82

yah ... like right now it works lol unsure but may be as may have a loose USB port as every now and then the USB port beeps (as if you are replugging in an USB device - that beep) so I assume I have a loose USB port - have you heard of this?
  4. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 274

Yea, Ive delt with systems that have had the prongs in the port flattened over time and that caused you to have to fiddle with it to get a connection.

I had that problem on my modded xbox with a usb port i installed, i felt like an ***** when i found out thats why the keyboard and mouse only working in linux when it wanted too...

If you have it working in a port id leave it there it doesnt seem like anything more than a port issue if its working now.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.