Logitech Speakers Suddenly Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagglfar

Hi everyone.I have the 5.1 Logitech surround sound speakers hooked up to my PC. It's the z-5500 version.

Today I went to listen to music and the speakers have stopped working. The music is very choppy, and the sound will change to different speakers, almost as if it's shorting out. For instance, you'll hear partial sound on the left-front speaker, then it'll change to the rear-back speaker, and the sound isn't constant. I also hear "pulsing sounds" coming from my subwoofer and all other speakers like every 5 seconds. I've tried different applications (itunes, vlc, windows media); same problem.

I haven't screwed around with any drivers or audio settings for these speakers. I know for a fact it isn't my soundcard, as I used headphones on another port and the sound is normal. I also have the speakers plugged into a UPS, so nothing electrical could have damaged it.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with no sound drivers installed. Default windows sound configuration is set up.

Any suggestions as to why these speakers just suddenly stopped working? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Well if you plug headphones in and the sound if normal, then its most likely to be the speakers themselves. Is the anyway you can plug the speakers into another PC and see if the problem persists?

I switched computers, and now the speakers work. But when I switch back to the old inputs on the back of my PC the problem persists. If I use the headphone input on the front of my PC the sound is normal. Could it just be the back of my PC that just decided to stop working? Maybe it's a motherboard issue?

Have you tried plugging the speakers into the front of your PC? Also do you have a separate sound card or just onboard audio? Could be that the 3.5mm plug is broken on the back of your PC.

It's the 3.5 back jack that stopped working. And it's onboard the sound card. Interesting how it just broke like that, maybe static or something could have caused it. Speakers are fine :D

Glad you got it figured out, lucky a replacement sound card shouldn't set you too far back

Hi everyone.I have the 5.1 Logitech surround sound speakers hooked up to my PC. It's the z-5500 version.

Today I went to listen to music and the speakers have stopped working. The music is very choppy, and the sound will change to different speakers, almost as if it's shorting out. For instance, you'll hear partial sound on the left-front speaker, then it'll change to the rear-back speaker, and the sound isn't constant. I also hear "pulsing sounds" coming from my subwoofer and all other speakers like every 5 seconds. I've tried different applications (itunes, vlc, windows media); same problem.

I haven't screwed around with any drivers or audio settings for these speakers. I know for a fact it isn't my soundcard, as I used headphones on another port and the sound is normal. I also have the speakers plugged into a UPS, so nothing electrical could have damaged it.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with no sound drivers installed. Default windows sound configuration is set up.

Any suggestions as to why these speakers just suddenly stopped working? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

have you tried installing the appropriate driver? it might be useful, like in the case if your onboard sound is realtek. realtek sometimes allows "connector retasking" so for your 5.1 output, u can flexibly choose any 3 jacks for the 5.1 and skip the faulty connector.

still, if you can purchase a superior soundcard like x-fi or xonar, it would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back