Logitech to buy video conferencing firm LifeSize

By Jos
Nov 11, 2009
  1. Computer peripherals maker Logitech has announced that it is acquiring video conferencing company LifeSize, in a deal worth $405 million in cash. The company offers a range of HD video conferencing solutions from large purpose-built video conference rooms to cost-effective add-on bundles for small businesses and remote workers.

Read the whole story
  2. freedomthinker

freedomthinker TS Enthusiast Posts: 140

Nice , i love Logitech ! The best there is ! Hehe .. But im wondering why did they buy the company ?
  3. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

Sounds good to me. Logitech is one of the few really solid companies in my opinion. They put out really great products at mostly reasonable prices that last a long time.

@freedomthinker: If Logitech is looking to expand (as they are), it's probably more cost effective to purchase a company that's in the direction they are looking to, and then expanding it, as opposed to entirely reinventing stuff that already exists.
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

Sounds like a great deal! I look forward to the goddies that come from this!
  5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,023   +612

Weird fact (at least for me): Did you know Logitech was a Swiss born company? For some reason I always thought of them as a regular US-based peripheral maker.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.