Logitech unveils G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

By Shawn Knight
Oct 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech has unveiled the G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. It may come as a surprise to some that this is the company's first mechanical input device in their 30+ year history. Logitech says the board combines high-speed non-clicking key switches with...

Read more
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

PC manufacturers really need to spend more time and focus on design esthetics. it's just as important as function in this modern day and age.
  3. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

*looks around*

What PC manufacturer?
    Wendig0 likes this.
  4. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 574   +31

Interesting...but indepenent lighting for wasd and arrow keys is just redundant for the experienced gamer imho. Other than lack of macro keys I find my Microsoft comfort curve 2000 to be just fine, but then again I don't game on the professional competition level :p
  5. Experimentongod

Experimentongod Newcomer, in training Posts: 69   +15

I agree, my last two keyboards have been Comfort Curve 2000 and Comfort Curve 3000, great value.
  6. jizzyburnizzy

jizzyburnizzy Newcomer, in training Posts: 46

Im a little suprised at how long it took logitech to release a mechanical keyboard. They're pretty late to the party and unfortunately this keyboard doesnt bring any advantages over the others in the mechanical market. I have a corsair K90 and I love it
    spydercanopus likes this.
  7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

So tactile, non-clicky, 45g actuatation force - I'm guessing these are using MX Browns?

Keyboard manufacturers should really start stating clearly what switches are used, anyone who's thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard will want to know.

I really like the dedicated media controls, hopefully now that Logitech and Corsair are in the market more manufacturers will start doing this.
  8. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

sorry I meant ugly *** plasticky PC keyboards.
  9. About damn time. They FINALLY have a mechanical keyboard. Even though this thing really isn't impressive in any way shape or form. It's pretty ugly. Single color LED backlighting (and it's white for that matter), and it's $150.

This is utter garbage once again from a garbage manufacturer of inferior peripherals. I stopped buying Logitech a long time ago.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.