TechSpot

Logitech unveils Harmony Touch universal remote, priced at $249

By Shawn Knight
Oct 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech has officially taken the wraps off its latest universal media remote, the Harmony Touch. As the name implies, the controller supports touch courtesy of a center-mounted 2.4-inch color display that responds to tapping, swiping or scrolling. Users can store...

Read more

2. trparky

trparky TS Rookie Posts: 73   +11

I have a Logitech Harmony One remote. Have had it for years, great replacement for all of the remotes I used to have to use to turn my entertainment system on. I don't see the need to upgrade when the Logitech remote I have now still works.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,973   +587

Nope. I have shelf-full of remotes dusting up. And for that reason often prefer exercising my hand fingers to activate various contraptions around my place.

4. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

Haha... Hand Fingers!

Anyone know if this can be used with a home theater PC to control applications like Plex?

5. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

Sorry for the double post, I should rephrase... Anyone have experience with using Harmony remotes with a home theater PC and applications like Plex? I know it can be done, but I'm curious to hear about how well it works from people who have experience.

6. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,004   +11

I do have a multi-device philips universal remote and MCE remote for Windows but I hardly use either of them, maybe because I rely on keyboard and mouse mostly. and I still have tiny griffin airclick usb for quick pause or volume adjustment. the universal remote ended up being a backup remote in case the original fails.

7. NeoFlux

NeoFlux TS Member Posts: 89

Have Logitech Harmony 525 (about five years already if not more) and when that one dies I will definitely replace with something newer from them.

8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,602   +358

I swear by my Harmony One remote, once it's setup it's a wonder, however the software side (when setting it up via PC/Mac) could be improved immensely. The OS X software in particular is crap.

9. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 620   +97

Been using a Harmony One for a few years now great remote.

Setup with all my devices and HTPC with XBMC.

10. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

Had my Harmony for a few years now. Great remote for everything.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.