TechSpot

Logitech unveils the G402 Hyperion Fury, dubbed the "fastest gaming mouse ever made"

By Shawn Knight
Jul 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech on Wednesday announced the G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS gaming mouse, a pointer that the company claims is the fastest mouse on the planet with tracking speeds of more than 500 inches per second.

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,978   +390

Reading this I was not expecting a $60 asking price. color me impressed.

Matt12345170 likes this.
  3. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Maniac Posts: 1,006   +103

I paid $90 for my Kone XTD. 500/ips sounds like something that could get out of hand like these mice with crazy high max DPI support.

Ah, a look at the G:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  4. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 532   +88

Logitech just doesn't make mouses that interest me anymore. It's a shame because my G5 broke last weekend and I was forced to switch to my back up SteelSeries Diablo III mouse.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,080   +920

Yeah $60 isn't bad.

6. I guess you also take your virus with you. hahahaha.

When hackers figure out how to load virus instead of settings on the mouse and I don't know own your mouse so you can miss things during game. I just love dip switch instead of software. Old school is best hahahaha.

7. I guess chinese child labor pays off in some areas. hahahaha

8. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,459   +508 Staff Member

Yep that's going to happen.

9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,393   +1,588

That really means nothing without a defined DPI.

Besides what is the point in having a mouse that will track faster than the monitor refresh rate? I can't help but think this is a pointless sales pitch.

trgz likes this.
  10. trgz

trgz TS Rookie Posts: 58

and who's to say it will play happily every game anyway - both my Logitech G5, and to a lesser extent, RAT7 have had issues with update rates in certain games

11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,420   +821

It's supposed to be primarily a FPS mouse yet it's covered head to toe in macro buttons and has a skinny smooth scroll wheel?... Looks to me they've missed the goalposts a tad here.
    Back in the day Logitech mice were the 'go to' mice now it looks and sounds like they're getting desperate. There are a gazillion great mice out there and Logitech has lost it's lustre.
    That said the price looks fair but I'll stick with what I'm happy with.

12. My serial mouse + aimbot will defeat this mouse.

13. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,080   +920

Oh gosh xD.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.