TechSpot

LogMeIn unveils pricing for Dropbox competitor, 40% off during beta

By Matthew
Dec 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. LogMeIn has announced pricing options for its upcoming Dropbox competitor, Cubby, which is currently in beta and due to launch sometime in early 2013. Introduced in April, beta users have been granted up to 5GB of free cloud storage with...

Read more

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

Do we really need more cloud storage providers? Google Drive, Skydrive, Dropbox, Boxee (or something)..

What do you guys use, and why?

3. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

I use external devices, why? because they are more cheap and I can carry them at pleasure whit a very large transfer speed.

p51d007 likes this.
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

I use cloud for things that I'd like to access from anywhere. Stuff like resume, travel insurance documents, etc..

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

Recenly switched to using box(had used Dropbox for a few things in the past), as the Nexus 4 phone from LG gets you 50GB free storage with them.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

I use dropbox although I only have 4GB of space available. I primarily use it to keep my research documents/data up there. I've seen far too many people lose important data relevant to their thesis or dissertation because of a hard drive failure. With Dropbox I have it sync'd to 3 computers, and then if something catastrophic happened like my house burned down, I'd still have a cloud copy I could get.

7. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 852   +11

Only thing that turns me off of that is no Linux support. That's why I'm still with Dropbox using the free account with a bunch of referrals. It runs on all my Windows and Linux computers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.